Power plants of up to 1,200 MW in size make up the bulk of our activities. Our competencies cover thermal power plants as well as power generated by renewable energy.
Our range of products and services varies depending on the project. This either covers the whole power plant with associated plant components or just the balance of plant. Accordingly, we act as a general contractor or a consortium partner.
Rather than being dependent on specific manufacturers for the construction of these plants, we tailor the power plants to the local conditions as precisely as possible using the best components available for each particular project. While we source the core components for our plants from international manufacturers, we seek to source locally when it comes to the balance of plant.
Types of power plants offered by Ferrostaal:
- Gas Turbine Power Plants configured as simple- or combined-cycle
- Steam Power Plants
- Diesel Engine Power Plants
- Co-Generation Plants
- Hybrid Power Plants (solar and combined cycle)
- Solar Power Plants based on CSP Technology (concentrated solar power)
- Onshore Wind Power Plants